Monday, February 06, 2006

Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'....

Winter is back with a vengeance. We were hammered with snow Saturday night with more snow and drifting Sunday. I spent seven hours in the plow truck yesterday. This morning, one of the seasonal roads we use was nearly drifted shut again. I have no place to put the snow and may have to abandon that section of road. There are other routes, but in means driving out of my way every morning to go to work. Of course, the other route is county-maintained, and they haven't done anything all weekend. Who knows when they will bother to clear it or how long it will stay cleared with all the wind we've been getting.

Tonight looks like more snow plowing. Woo hoo.

And I ask again; are we sure we want democracy everywhere? Really sure? In case you are curious, the destruction and chaos are because of these. Maybe we should only kill our soldiers establishing democracy for people with IQ over 60? This is pretty tame stuff given the anti-Semitic cartoons out there, yet I don't see Jews running around setting things on fire.

And just in time, yet another excuse to be fat. It's not just genetic, it's spreads just like the flu. Of course it doesn't, and the actual scientific work says no such thing, but I guarantee that it is just a matter of time before some side of bacon on Oprah claims she would be a size 2 super model, except she caught fat while eating at Burger King.

There are a lot of bloggers out there getting book deals. I don't think this guy is one of them, but he should be. Reading his blog almost makes me want to get back into food service. Almost.

And I need to get going.

No comments: