Sunday, July 17, 2005

Just a quick post, then off to bed.

Another weekend of work around the house with brief interruptions. Saturday, I hussled outside first thing in the morning, put a fresh chain on the chainsaw and started attacking all the dead stuff around the house and cabin, and what had fallen on our trails. It's been a couple years since we have done any trail maintenance and they are all pretty much blocked at this point. I was hot and muggy, and after three or four hours of work, I could literally wring out my shirt. But I got a lot done, and now we need to have another big fire in the back yard.

Saturday afternoon and evening was the annual Luau. At first, it looked like a bust, but we ended up with 30+ people there for most of the time. Good food and it felt nice to be in a pool most of the day.

Sunday we did morning service, then went to one of our favorite restaurants. It is now under new management, and it was definitely not an improvement. We will not be going back. Bad food, worse service, and higher prices. I don't expect to see it around for long. After lunch we came home and slept most of the day. Nestina came home from hanging out with friends in Traverse City in time to make us dinner. We just chilled then went to bed.

I have re-installed Zandros again. I decided to partition the disks differently. The larger drive is now for files and the OS is installed on the smaller drive. It is so sweet that I can do that without even cracking the case. Now I just need to dig into how to set up shares so I can try to get everyone's files on one PC for backups and such. That should be fun. Once I get the network side set up, I'll have to invest in a DVD burner for the Zandros box. Then I will get to see how well Zandros does with new hardware. If it is like everything else I've run into so far, it will Just Work.

Anyway, I need to try to go to sleep.

No comments: