Monday, March 07, 2005

And another week sneaks by without any posts. Most of last week, we were fighting off diseases. I could barely get myself off the couch. Of course we got hammered with a foot and a half of snow in three days, so I spend ten hours on Wednesday plowing snow at the church, my parent's place, and here. At least I got a complete clean plow for once. I've been doing mostly piecemeal plowing this year just because of time constraints.

This weekend, we had a retreat with the Jr. and Sr. High at a place just outside of Kalkaska. I was afraid there wouldn't be enough to keep the kids busy, but they had plenty to do. We were only there for about 24 hours (noon Saturday to noon Sunday) due to some scheduling problems, but everything worked out. I had one of the guys from my college study group come over and give a talk Saturday evening. I think what he had to say made some people really think including myself. I need to follow up with a couple of the teens over the next week or so. Everyone liked the place we used, so we will definitely be using it again. It is close to town, cheap, decent facility, and it is owned and operated by a couple that used to attend our church many years ago.

Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of sleeping going on Saturday, so we did some extra sleeping once we got home Sunday afternoon. All three of us were in bed before 10pm and morning still came way too early.

My truck is in the garage because the engineers at GM are retarded. Silverado trucks are having the electronic modules on the transmissions replaced like crazy because every time you make a left turn, the front tire sprays water directly into the electronics that are sticking out, unprotected, on the side of the transmission. GM needs to change their ads from Like a Rock to Like a Head Full of Rocks. In any case, it should be fixed by tomorrow morning and will only cost me several hundred instead of several thousand dollars, like I was expecting. Bunch of morons. I wonder how long it will be before the Japs start importing heavy duty trucks into the US? I've seen their big stuff they sell other places and it looks nice. I will not be buying anything built in the US again. It is obvious that we now only build mechanical junk that is designed to fail after a short period of normal use. This is only the third year my truck has been on the road and it is already experiencing major failures. That is just not good enough.

Anyway. Some reading assignments:

Vox Day is tearing things up over at WorldNetDaily. First he takes on the feminists. Then he takes on the stock market and the housing market. All three of these are important. You really want to read and understand what he is (and as importantly is not) saying.

And that should be enough for today. I need to get some photos up one of these days. I will work on it. Promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I miss you both, seems like this was a trial version of what it's gonna be like when I move to washington this fall. I am not exactly sure how I'll manage because you two are such a major part of my life. I hope the cruise was awesome and you got wonderful tans. You both needed some time away from 'real life' and I hope it was the break you deserved.

On a different note I'm following politics mostly the social security reform but more... oh and ric rosie o'donnell has a blog it's onceadored.. check it out she's a great writer even if her message isn't always clear...

LoVe YoU bOtH
Tammy