Monday, November 01, 2004

I was running through my list of sites that I hit most days and found this over at A Stitch in Haste in his list of people who had recently linked to his site:

Ric and Debbie's Place -- "For he today who loses posts to Blogger malfunctions shall be my brother!" Christians who actually seem like nice friendly people. Go figure. Should Ric enter seminary? They report, you decide...
We have at least one reader!

I spent most of Saturday at the church cutting and chipping trees. Tim Allen; eat your heart out. Nothing like the feeling of feeding an entire twenty-foot tree into a machine and watch it come out as wood chips. Ahr ahr ahr!! Problem was that by the time I got home, I could barely move. I did manage to get the closet organizer up in the basement closet. After that, I ate, slept, showered, and slept some more.

Sunday we had choir for the first time since the "summer" break. It was not good. It was a song that we all knew, and it just fell apart. It is becoming more and more difficult for me to be a part of the choir. I know I fight against perfectionist tendencies, but there has to be some level of excellence in what we do for God, right? Maybe I'm the one that is mixed up.

Sunday afternoon was just home to eat and relax a little, then back for evening service. We had a potluck dinner first, a short service, then went to one of the other youth leader's home with some of the high school and college kids for birthday cake, junk food, and video games. I didn't get home until almost 11pm, so it was well past midnight before I got to bed. So much for gaining anything with the time change.

Today was work, of course. Tonight I will be hitting the books. I have a goal of at least having the outline of my first paper done tonight. I want to have this class completed by the end of November.

Well, time for me to hit the road for home. One thing I really dislike about the time change. I'm still at my desk and it is almost completely dark out. At least for the next month, it is daylight when I drive in. By the end of November, even that will be gone. Gotta love living this far from the equator.

No comments: