Monday, August 23, 2004

Another short post. It seems like that is all I have time for these days. Anyway, only eight weeks to go and I am a free man. Well, almost free. I still have a lot of work to do, but I get to do it at home instead of in Grand Rapids.

The news is still all politics and likely to stay that way. Even the Olympics are taking a back seat to all the noise. None of it matters in the least to me; I won't vote for either of the major party morons in November. Debbie and I have tried to watch the Olympics, but NBC is doing its usual hack job. I understand that for the most part, anyone watching will be cheering for the American athletes, but sometimes the slant is ridiculous. "Oooo! It looks like the Chinese guy severed his spine on that fall! That will move the American team into medal contention..." And I sure wish our athletes would quit looking like their grandmother just died because they "only" get a silver medal. Our Women's Gymnastic Team is the most egregious example of this, but hardly the only one. Take a clue from the Russian team on what something called "sportsmanship" looks like, ladies.

We still have no phone lines, so if you comment and I don't respond, I'm not ignoring you. I will get to it when I can. I'll be calling the phone company today or tomorrow to do a line repair. If we are lucky, we will have phones a couple weeks after that. They may have changed the name, but GTE/Verizon is still the worst phone company in the country. Although, from what I hear, SBC is trying to make it a race to the bottom.

Well, I've got to get back to it.

No comments: