Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Strange Day

I had no energy today, and eating dinner seems to have made it worse. I did manage to sort through the pile of photos on the camera, getting them organized, properly orientated, de-red-eyed and straightened. As I type this, they are uploading to Flickr. I'll probably post something here when they are done, which won't be until very late tonight. I ended up tossing about 90% of the pic's (gotta love digital), which still leaves around 200 11+ mega-pixel images over a crappy asymmetrical connection. Of course, I could be trying to do this on dial-up....

Debbie, on the other hand, was in full manic, Energizer-bunny bin-filling mode all day. Now there is a stack of full bins next to the door for me to take down to our storage room (if there is still space; there is a lot already down there). I had just enough energy to feel slightly guilty for sitting on the couch while she worked, but not enough to actually wedge my wide behind off the couch and help. There's always tomorrow.

It looks like we will be picking up a 26-foot Penske on Thursday, the 27th and will be rolling on out of Prescott on the 28th. The drive may take us longer going back to Michigan than the drive coming out here in December 2007 because we can't tow the Durango. Seems it is too heavy, which means instead of two drivers that can switch off, we will both be driving all day. We still expect to be in Burt by the 1st of September, which still gives us a full day to unload everything and get the truck dropped off. I expect someone will call with a job offer about 20 minutes after the truck is unloaded.

Anyway, that's the plan. Cue the monkey wrenches in 3... 2... 1....

2 comments:

Granny J said...

Sorry I haven't said this earlier -- we will miss you & I'm totally sorry that Arizona has been such a bummer jobwise... Best of luck in the days ahead.

Ric said...

We had hoped to hang out here a couple more years, but things change. We will certainly miss all the people we met here in Prescott and during our stay at Arcosanti, and we are really disappointed in how little of the local scenery we've been able to take in. I'm sure we'll be back for vacation even if we don't manage to make it back as residents.