Wednesday, March 23, 2005

No updates for a while mostly because we spent 6 wonderful days in warm, sunny weather on board Carnival's Inspiration. We made port in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Then we had to come home to snow and cold.

I was going to put up a quick run-down of our trip at some point, but our internet connection has been down since we got home. The whole wireless thing looks to be a rather expensive experiment in technology that doesn't quite work. I will be contacting our old dial-up service provider about getting set up with a dual-modem router and a nailed-up connection. It won't be as fast, but I know it will work. It's hard to call a 300+ kbp connection that never works a "high-speed connection." The dual modem setup will cost more, but I have to have something that I know I can use at any time day or night without having to wait until normal business hours and make a bunch of phone calls, wait several days for a tech to come out to the house, etc. I get calls from work at 3am that require that I have a working internet connection to fix. Either that, or I drive 70 miles round trip to Traverse City. The first time I have to do that I will be well and truly pissed.

This week so far has been just going to work and going home. Tonight is youth group, which means I get to see all the kiddies. For some reason, when I miss a Wednesday night, it seems like I haven't talked to them for weeks. I am hoping several specific people show up; one I need to yell at, the other three I need to follow up with regarding questions they had at the retreat a couple weeks back. We won't be doing the usual youth group thing; I volunteered the teens as slave labor to stuff the several thousand plastic Easter eggs for the community Easter egg hunt we are doing on Saturday.

That's it for now. I will work on a trip report today and possibly post it before I leave work this afternoon. I will try to post more routinely now that our lives have gone from absolutely crazy to just chaotic.

No comments: