Sunday, August 08, 2010

Up North

We are currently in that mysterious place in Michigan known as "Up North". A hotel room in Petosky, to be a bit more precise. Yesterday was Debbie's family reunion, today is her niece's graduation open house and tomorrow starts The Big Drive: two days to get from here to Swanzey, New Hampshire; a day to grab just what we absolutely have to have; three days to scope out a route to Lake Mary, Florida and set up in an extended stay hotel; a day to do more apartment shopping. Then Monday the 16th is Debbie's first day of work at her new job. While she works, I'll be doing more apartment shopping which we hope to wrap up in a week or so, then I fly back to Swanzey, New Hampshire, pay some homeless guy in beer to help load the moving truck and re-drive the previously scoped route to Lake Mary, Florida. The plan features the phrase "...and then a miracle occurs" at several points. So. Yeah.

Being without an internet connection means I have no idea what is going on in the world right now. I assume the Apocalypse hasn't happened given that I can still get Diet Coke on demand. I did catch part of a supposedly serious news segment on Living Without Air Conditioning. No one I knew had AC in their house when I was growing up. Now not having it gets you an interview on the news. We are so screwed.

That's it for now. Expect more of the less posting for the rest of the month.

No comments: