Thursday, October 21, 2004

I almost never post anything on Thursday's because I am at class. So in celebration of not having class today, I thought I would put something up here.

I had hoped to get a lot done today. I suppose I did, but it was all stuff that doesn't really look like much was done. I spent a couple hours at the high school just hanging around with some of the teens. I made a couple contacts that I normally don't see, which was good. I picked up $100 worth of spray foam and caulk, then spent the rest of the day working on sealing the place up. The basement in complete, and I got about 3/4 of the main floor done. The foam and caulk are disappearing fast; no wonder we spent so much money heating the place last year. I expect to do much better this year.

More work being done on our road today. There was a really big truck full of gravel and a road grader out doing a bunch of work. I talked to him about widening out the sweeps where our road T's into the paved road. Our road basically butts right into the paved road with no real apron or shoulders on the road. To turn right off our road, I either have to cross the center line on a blind curve, or roll the back wheels through the ditch. That's not too bad in the summer (other than a pretty good bounce), but I've almost lost my truck in the snow a few times in the winter. He is also going to see about moving the stop sign at the end of our road. They put it in the road instead of beside the road. Kalkaska road crews are not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Anyway, it's getting late and I want to be to work at a decent time tomorrow. I'm supposed to meet a couple people at the pastor's house to help him drywall his garage. Should be fun, fun, fun.

Later.

No comments: