Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The inverter continues to hum along. We are currently getting about a day and a half out of a charge. I can easily double that by rewiring the well pump and transformer. With the three-day weekend coming up, I may get a chance to at least start thinking through wire routing, sizing, etc. Things are working so well, I hate to mess with it, but I need to make things more efficient. The next major step will be adding in the solar panels. Given the latitude, we will only see a couple kilowatt-hours out of the them, but that will give us 20-30% that isn't coming out of the generator.

I seem to have started something over at The Panda's Thumb. I wish I had more time to devote to these sorts of things. Maybe once school is over.

Anyway, nothing else in the world really caught my attention. Tonight will be a late one; deacon's meeting, then I have to get prepared to teach tomorrow.

No comments: