Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Last night was the shortest deacons meeting I have ever attended. I was home before 9pm. Normally, it's more like midnight. It was a good thing because I had to get ready for youth group tonight. It works better if I have something to say when I get in front of the room. In any case, I was only up until 1am or so. Not too bad.

Not much else to report. The rain has stopped, but we still can't see the sun. It's cold, wet, and just depressing in general. Tonight promises to be another late night with 100 pages or so of reading and a couple things to work up for college Thursday. It's my turn to drive, so I'm hoping to not be up too late. The problem is the book is just flat out the most boring bunch of crap I have ever had to read. It just drones on and on and on and on and on and on about things I could care less about. I knew this class was going to be tough primarily because I have absolutely no interest in the subject matter. The instructor went on at length about how great the book was and how valuable a resource it is. My personal opinion is that it is a huge, stinking pile of dung. I expect to get nothing out of this class other than the lowest grade since I started the program. I just hope I don't mess up the PLT grade.

On a different subject, either I have the most painfully shy bunch of readers in blog history or no readers at all. I have 0 comments to date since Blogger added its own comment capability. I do need to start sending out e-mails to everyone about signing up as contributors. But we still don't have phone lines to the house and the cabin isn't a very pleasant place without electricity. We are using the cabin generator on the house while the house generator is in the shop. We should be getting that back in the next week or so; then I can start doing more with this place and figuring out all the new stuff that Blogger added. With some luck, I may be able to shut down the old website soon. It's becoming very neglected and most of what is there is likely of no interest to anyone, including me. That will save us $10 a month, which doesn't sound like much, but every little bit helps. My intention is to keep the rdfrost.com domain name so I can switch our e-mail addresses over to Yahoo.com. That way, I'm not dependent on any ISP and I can access everything from anyplace. I don't have any plans to change ISP's or anything, but I don't like being tied to one.

Once again, all the news sites are carrying the same stories. It takes me about five minutes to skim the half-dozen sites I keep tabs on. I swear they all have a pool of a couple dozen news stories that they randomly pull for their web site every day.

Well, I've wasted enough electrons. If I can think of anything significant to say later, I'll let you know. (You're welcome.)

No comments: