Saturday, February 27, 2010

More White Stuff

This blog seems to have become the Southwestern New Hampshire Weather Blog. As such, I'm "happy" to report that the non-stop rain turned to ice, then snow, then knocked out our power for several hours this morning. I guess I shouldn't complain too much; one of my clients not only lost power for a couple days, but also had all the brand-new computer equipment they had purchased for their business fried by the power surge that preceded the black-out. In any case, the cloud cover is breaking up, the sun is coming out, and by Tuesday, it's supposed to be sunny and near 40. We may yet survive our "reminder winter" (as in a reminder of why we don't like winter).

Anyway, I continue to be baffled by the clientele my job attracts, although less so than the initial batch of drug-addled losers from the first couple weeks. Ah well; I'll never see them again. And I may have something to do after April 15th; a guy from a business a couple doors down the street came in and we got to talking about what-not and he told me to give him a call. Sweet. I'd be doing something completely different from any job I've ever had, so that's certainly a plus. Don't want to get pigeon-holed or anything.

I love to read the British take on American politics:
Warning: watching American politicians argue about healthcare can be seriously damaging to your health. Symptoms may include migraines, extreme fatigue and sudden violent urges. In the event of exposure to competing statistics — regarding "donut holes", "HMO deductibles", "reconciliation devices" or suchlike — seek immediate medical help.

I didn't bother watching any of the summit. Some claim that Obama got "slapped around the room," that Obama casually dismissed Republicans with his "Guess what? I won." attitude, that Pelosi and Reed looked like idiots (or geniuses). Blah blah blah. I'm having a hard time caring anymore. Obama and his Chicago thugs seems bent on destroying whatever is left of the Long Boom. Not that Republicans did much better; Fannie/Freddy and AIG will be costing taxpayers for a long time to come, and private debt will be a primary hamper on the economy for at least a generation. What I don't see are any proposals likely to have anything other than a continuing negative impact on us. (shrug) Thus it has always been.

Well, time to catch up on last week's Daily Show episodes while Debbie is out of the house.

No comments: