Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Lazy Sunday

We seem to be having more and more of these lazy Sunday's. Other than doing some laundry and dishes, it looks like a great deal of nothing whatsoever is going to be accomplished today. Sounds like a plan. I did get around to some reorganizing of this place; nothing drastic, just some clean-up in the links and the ever-growing list of books we've read. I'm pretty sure no one cares what we read over a year ago, so those got moved to an Evernote document in case we need to refer to it. (I'm also pretty sure that no one cares what we read period, but that's another topic.) Several rarely-updated links were moved off the blog to bookmarks where they will be checked less frequently. A few that had gone inactive are now back. What can I say; I'm fickle. And easily bored.

It has now been several weeks since I logged into either Facebook or Twitter. The universe hasn't imploded or anything. The few people who care enough to contact us still do and the rest, well, whatever. But what hasn't changed is Facebook constantly hammering our blog. I appreciate the bump in unique visitors, but I'm not sure what the hell is going on. I'm not talking about real people follow a link on my now-defunct Facebook wall, but rather IP addresses owned by Facebook pinging off our blog. Has someone working for Facebook taken a sudden interest in the day-to-day lives of a couple drifters? Is it some bot attempting to discern my evil plot to overthrow Facebook with my incessant posting of links to this blog? What is this about? The funniest part is that when I was posting links on a daily basis, this rarely happened. Now that I haven't even logged onto Facebook in weeks, it's happening two or three times a day. Whatever.

The big news is yet-another earthquake. This one in Chile and one of the strongest ever recorded. The death-toll is several orders of magnitude less than Haiti because the quake was much deeper, and Chile has a functioning government that enforces at least minimal building codes. But it will still be bad. Worse, it happened just as donor fatigue is ramping up due to Haiti.

Well, I think I'm going to go watch a movie or something.

No comments: