Thursday, October 29, 2009

Brrrrrr!

It was supposed to be in the 60's today, but it best hurry up if it's going to even get close to that. I had planned on working outside today, but looks like we'll be picking away at indoor projects.

Nothing really new to report other than we've started riding the bikes again. Not very far; just a bit over a mile to start out with, so we won't be riding the Ice Man anytime in the near future. But in any case, it sure is nice to be able to ride on flat, paved road instead of soft sand (Alden, Michigan) or near-vertical cliffs (Prescott, Arizona), and it feels great to do something outside, even in cold, cloudy, rainy Michigan.

In news that will shake the world to its very core, the Sun Defines the Climate. Wow! Who knew? Key observations:
...Over the past decade, global temperature on the Earth has not increased; global warming has ceased, and already there are signs of the future deep temperature drop....

...We should fear a deep temperature drop — not catastrophic global warming.... A deep temperature drop is a considerably greater threat to humanity than warming.

I'm betting this guy wasn't invited to Copenhagen.

I normally don't link to really long articles, but the talk, Deconstructing Global Warming, is important. And even though it is a 46-page PDF file, it has pretty pictures to keep the reader entertained along the way. Take an hour. It will be worth it.

That's all I have for today. I should probably get my butt in gear and get to work. Right after I have lunch. And maybe a nap. Then I'm all over this work stuff. Unless I sleep long enough that it's dinner time. Then tomorrow for sure.

No comments: