Sunday, April 26, 2009

Winding Down

Things are winding down; only 16 days to go in total and only 9 days to go for two out of the three classes. I spent several hours trying to write a paper yesterday, but the words just wouldn't come out. I went ahead and used the time to complete all the work for next week in one class, so other than a short paper and the end-of-class survey, I'm technically done with that class. Today, I have to focus on that paper and get it in the can. I should be able to do that this morning, then spend the afternoon and evening kicking out next week's work for the other two classes. That will leave just a short paper that shouldn't take a great deal of time and a 8-10 pager that I already have half-written. Getting there bit by bit. My brain feels like its been steamed, sliced, stir fried, then served over rice. I have to keep checking the computer to know what day it is.

I haven't had much time to keep up on things, so other than checking on the Mexico City flu bug, I don't know what else is going on outside our little cave. Although we did sneak out yesterday and had breakfast with a couple we know from Arcosanti. It was fun catching up on all the bizarre things going on there and confirming our decision to leave. There will be an opening in the foundry soon with the possibility of some management reshuffling, but I can't see us living there again. It was OK at the time and place we were at in 2007, but not now.

Speaking of work, Debbie is still looking around. She has found openings for a AAA travel agent in Florida, Oregon and Colorado. The Florida one is outside Jacksonville and wouldn't be that far of a drive to my sister and my parent's winter place, but I'm not sure we can deal with Florida in the summer. But a job's a job. We looked at housing costs and they're not too far off from what we have here. Colorado has snow, so that option ranks just above living in a cardboard box behind Denny's and eating out of the dumpster. And if we are going to live in humidity, we can always go down where my sister is at. The job situation looks better there than most anywhere else.

In other words, we have no idea what we are doing.

Well, I'm using up words here that should be going into my paper.

No comments: