Friday, March 20, 2009

Some Site Stats

My visits to my own web site are excluded from my stats, so the following is a true reflection of the traffic to our blog as opposed to a reflection of our personal preferences. I took a look at these mostly because I am now more-or-less in the Vista camp, so I was curious to see what others were doing. XP accounts for 74% of the traffic to this site so far this month with Vista at 20%. The other 6% is a mix of Mac, Linux, NT and "other." Given that Vista has been out for over two years, that is somewhat incredible. I know a lot of our readers hit us from work (9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday accounts for the vast majority of our traffic), which accounts for some of the skew towards XP, as businesses are always late to the table when it comes to OS upgrades. But I wouldn't have expected 3.7-to-1 in favor of XP. It will be interesting to see what happens when Win 7 ships.

Having just said that, the browser numbers are even more surprising with Firefox 3.0 at 52% compared to 44% for IE 6, 7 and 8 combined. Has Firefox started making inroads to the corporate desktop?

Anyway, no particular point. Just thought I'd share.

No comments: