Saturday, March 07, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Made some decent progress on my final paper today. I should be able to finish that up in the morning. Tomorrow evening, I'm supposed to "meet" my learning team online to finish up the last thing I have left in my second class. So either I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, or there's a train coming. Either way, it will be over in 72 hours.

For a couple weeks, anyway. I think I may have some textbook difficulties (what's new) with one of the next batch of classes. I was glancing through the book and it appears there are supposed to be CD's or some such. It isn't very clear. I'm just going to wing it for now. It's a music class and I own almost the entire collection used in the text anyway, so I'm pretty sure I can fake it. The big problem is, naturally, the mental defects behind Cornerstone's web site. All three of my on-line electives have links to out-of-print editions of the textbooks on Amazon. You would think someone would take 10 minutes to check this sort of thing at least a few times a year. Instead, students end up dealing with people selling used books out of their mom's basement just to get textbooks. Ah well; given the other problems with the whole on-line education thing, the textbook issues are relatively minor.

Well, it's late and I need some sleep.

No comments: