Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vacation options

It can be hard to be a travel agent ----- each time you find a great deal for somebody, or an awesome trip to someplace you've never been --- you want to book it for yourself. I've seen a lot of specials for Alaska cruises and cruisetours for this year. Of course, we are planning on an Alaskan cruisetour for 2010. I keep figuring out my PTO time and if we can fit it in this year -- maybe the end of the Alaska cruisetour season --- I think I will be a bit short to take off for one of the cruisetours we want. Plus, I wouldn't be able to take off a sick day between now and then! Oh well.....

We will be flying to Michigan twice this summer for "long weekends" --- once for my goddaughter's high school open house and once for our niece's wedding. We originally planned on just "long weekends" so we save up PTO time and maybe go home for Thanksgiving/Christmas. But those plans fell through for all the family together like I was hoping for. Again .. oh well...... At least we will have two full days of visiting along with the day of the special event. I hate to try to cram so much into a weekend, but when that is all you got, you just do it.

I can't wait for all the hugs I will get and give. Some days I just feel so sad. I am not good about making new friends....as many of you know. I truly miss one special friend from Michigan. I know anytime I can make it back to Michigan, she will be smiling and holding out her arms for a hug.

On another subject --- I finally remembered to ask my Mom to try to find a certain cake mix for me. We have looked at all the stores here in Prescott and area --- no luck. She bought a couple for me and is mailing them out next week. I will finally be able to have my favorite cake! Thanks so much, MOM!

No comments: