Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back At It

Yesterday, I got about 2,000 - 2,500 words written and in final form. I had hoped for more, but I just ran out of gas. Today I was just getting into the groove when I got a phone call from the restaurant I worked at back in early 2008. One of the guys I worked with was killed in a car crash last weekend. They had a memorial service for him at the restaurant this afternoon. I just got back to the apartment and am trying to get back at it, but I can't seem to get my head in gear. What I think about what some Hybels-wannabe thinks about something just doesn't seem to be important right now. The thing is, I'm trying to get a jump on the next couple weeks because the owner of the restaurant wanted to know if I was available to fill in if she needed me. Somehow I think saying "yes" to her is more important that school.

Well enough. I'm going to stare at the screen some more and try to force the words to come. I need to get out at least another 2,000 words today. It doesn't help that Cornerstones servers crashed this morning and things are still flaky on ANGEL.

2 comments:

marcin_ose said...

Hello Ric and Debbie's Place,

I saw that you have the Factor e Farm on your blog roll.

I wanted to discuss building the world's first open source village with you.

Sincerely,
Marcin
Factor e Farm

Ric said...

Marcin

I would like to discuss your work. You can e-mail me through the address on my Blogger profile. I'm a little tight on time for the next couple weeks though, so I may not be real talkative initially.