Saturday, January 03, 2009

Lazy Morning

Spent the day so far sitting on the couch and plowing through my regular blogs instead of doing all the stuff I should be doing. So now I'm blogging while sitting on the couch instead of doing all the things I should be doing.

Jerry Pournelle's mail page has had some very worthwhile reading on it this week. My favorite so far is, as will come as no surprise to anyone, a massive broadside aimed at the world's newest religion: Anthropogenic Global Warming. I'm renewing my subscription today. (Jerry runs his site on the public radio model; voluntary contributions urged by some tasteful begging and not-so-subtle hints about making a living.) I think I'm past my year, but now it is on the first (or close enough for government work) so I have no excuse for forgetting to do it. If you spend any time on his site, I would encourage you to start 2009 the right way and do the same.

I thought my New Year day was bad because I was sick. At least that wasn't as bad start to 2009 as Scott Adams had.

OK, I need to get something accomplished today while the drugs are keeping the fever and coughing at bay.

2 comments:

Granny J said...

Re: the AGW cult -- I regularly check out the sun spot count at SpaceWeather and the news at Watts Up.

Ric said...

Thanks! Of course we know that our weather isn't affected by the giant flaming orb in the sky; it's driven by a trace gas of which human emissions accounts for a fraction of a percent.

Anyway, that sunspot monitor looks terribly blank. A minimum would be very bad. Let's all pray this is just a late start to the new cycle.