Saturday, November 01, 2008

Two Years

It's official --- two years ago today we were in Arizona.

I checked my diary -- 1Nov we crossed into Arizona and stayed the night in Flagstaff. 2Nov was our first glimpse of Arcosanti around noon. My comments from the diary are: "smaller than pictured (from website) dirtier than imagined -- yes, I know "still a construction area" -- but still! I still remember when we were slowly driving down the dirt road leading into it and our first sight, both of us looked at each other and said this is it?! where is the rest of it?

Oh well --- it was an experience -- one we can look back to and chuckle over. I was happy to meet some of the people we did while there. I'm sorry Arcosanti seems to "run out" the good people. If they had a good core of the right people there, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The best part of the experience was getting together with my husband again. Moved away from Michigan and family -- he is a different person. I'm glad I was stubborn and did not give up on him and write him out of my life when he moved out. Thanks again to all the support I received from family and friends during that time.

No comments: