Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Is a Collage Stoodint

It's official. I'm back in college trying to finish up the last six classes I need for a bachelor degree. If I can work out the timing, I could be done as early as May 2009. More likely, I'll stretch it a bit and finish up sometime next fall.

Then I can be a dishwasher with a BS degree. (Yea, yea; I know. I already have a degree in BS.)

Business at the cafe has been nonexistent for three days. Tuesday we expected. Yesterday and today have been just plain painful. To make things worse, we now have a full-time dishwasher. (Don't ask me why, when there wasn't enough work for three kitchen people, that we now have four. They must cover that in one of those six classes I'll be taking next year.) Hope these guys have some cash in the bank, otherwise this will be another three-month job.

Maybe I should become a stock fund manager. I could throw darts at the stock page and do as good as anyone else, and sound more intelligent, what with my BS degree and all. I know the Wall Street guys get paid a lot of money to know what's going on, but let's get real. Stocks go up: "We expected that." Stock go down: "We expected that." Yea. Sure. If you buy that, let me introduce you to my cousin Vinny, seller of Genuine Fake Watches. And the US stock markets drop $1.2 trillion dollars in two days because....

Because.....

Wait for it....

Because Cisco didn't sell enough routers.

But we expected that. It's all these amateurs pushing the market around more than they should.

If anyone wants me, I'll be in my comfy recliner reading Taleb's The Black Swan.

No comments: