Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hey from Michigan

I love this time of year here in Michigan --- it has been (mostly) great weather while I've been here this week. Some of the trees are just starting to turn colors ---- temps in the mid 70's during the day and down to mid 50's at night -- almost perfect. I took a long walk in "our woods" yesterday --- yeah, mine and what was mine --- but it was nice. I will miss it during the fall.

But realistically -- we weren't getting back to Michigan that much; we didn't want to spend the money to improve the cabin, sink a well, and bring in real electricity to the cabin. That old saying is true most of the time -- you need money to make money. My "grand plans" were to improve the cabin as mentioned above and then rent it out most of the year --- "Backwoods Retreat" -- so we could make our money back, pay taxes, pay propane and electric costs and start bringing in some money. Oh well --- somebody else can have those plans.

Yesterday I bombed out (almost 100%) of trying to find some friends at their homes. 3 of the 4 places -- nobody was home when I stopped -- so I left notes. The 4th place, they were just loading up the truck to go to TC -- so I got to peek in the back seat to see our newest "honorary grandchild" (who was asleep) and say Hi and hope to see ya Friday sometime. Oh well -- next time I might try to do more planning --- but what fun is that?! I love to surprise people. :-)

As Ric mentioned --- I have the cabin/shed all cleaned out --- mostly because Don decided to help out. He decided it was best to load up everything out of the shed into his trailer and take it to his place. Then he will contact the grandkids (and whomever) some weekend to come over and go through our stuff to see what they want and can use. Just remember ---- it is a long term loan -- do NOT sell our stuff -- and if we want it back for some reason --- it is ours. No --- I"m not bitter --- just wanted to do things my way. I am thankful that I didn't have to put some of the stuff in the back of my rental car ---- might have been interesting to explain all the cobwebs and bugs! LOL

No comments: