Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lazy Post

Reclined. Feet up. Relaxed. This is how blogging was meant to be.

Still getting used to the new keyboard and finding various ways to magnify what's on the screen so I don't have to sit in The Chair. Firefox has zoom controls that work more or less well depending on how the particular page you are looking at is coded. Getting a working wide-screen resolution will definitely help. Most web pages have flexible line lengths, but some don't, making for a lot of horizontal scrolling while reading. The cool thing I found out today is that Firefox remembers the zoom level I set for every page, so all the sites I hit on a daily basis automatically zoom to whatever I used the last time I viewed that site. Cool.

The other thing that will help a great deal is the new glasses that I should be getting in a couple weeks. The doc started with my current prescription, then tweaked it using the standard one-or-two, two-or-three, three-or-four technique. When she was done, she snapped from my existing prescription to the tweaked one. Sheesh. No wonder I can't see the TV from the couch (or road signs, for that matter).

I still don't have a good solution for seeing non-Firefox screens. I don't use them often, so I can leave the comfort of my couch/recliner and go back to The Chair.

For now. I'm sure that more toys are on the way.

No comments: