Thursday, February 21, 2008

Long time, no hear

Sorry for such a long time between my posts. Just plain laziness --- I have all the time in the world to get on the computer after I get home from work (Tues-Fri) -- but I don't get on to post.

Work is still going well. It has been kinda slow lately. Some good news regarding work. I am currently working on my MCC (Master Cruise Counselor) accreditation and am pretty close to finishing it all up. I just signed up this past November. Right now I have the accreditation of ACC. I will be going to Florida the first part of March to get the rest of my ship inspections and "training classes" done. I have to have 30 cabins booked under my office and another 7 night cruise personal experience and I'll be done. I did have the 30 cabins booked, but some were under the corporate office (group space) and I found out those do not count! :-( I am getting my wedding group cruise (10 cabins) transferred to my office, so I get to count those again. After those are finalized, I will only have 2 more cabins to book. Anyone want to book a cruise?!!!!! I figure after Ric and my Mediterranean cruise in April/May, I should have those two more booked. Then I can turn in everything and be done with it. Pretty good -- just over 6 months to finish it up! (Trying hard to pat my back without hurting myself! LOL)

This is definitely the place to work on cruise accreditation's. I probably would have never tried this in Michigan. I was having a hard time getting the 15 cruises booked in a 12month time frame when I signed up there to work on my ACC. I did a report at AAA and from Jan 1, 2007 through the end of Jan 2008 I had booked around 67 cabins! And that was in my first year with them moving from Michigan. The next level (ECC) has to have 50 cabins booked in a 12 month time period. At first that scared me alot! I thought 30 was going to be tough. Now, after running that report and realizing how many cruises we actually book here in Arizona, I think I may go for it.

Not too much new on the home front. I haven't gotten into a good routine yet with Ric gone most nights. Right now I just read a book or watch a movie or stare into space. I have alot of things I want to do ...... card making, organizing things, letter writing, phone calls (gotta watch that time zone), online training for work, etc. Oh well --- I will get to it sooner or later. My biggest thing now is to look through everything and try to find a couple saving bonds that I misplaced. I know I had them at Arcosanti and now I have no idea where they are. I have a "study book" that some good friends recommended I work through. I read/skimmed over the first chapter after I got my own copy and decided it was going to be tough work. So....I put it down and haven't looked at it again. Another cop out. It is tough to get motivated for some reason.

Speaking of copping out. Weight. Yep, I've put it back on since starting an office job again. From last Jan to this Jan, I put back on about 25 lbs. :-( I really have to cut back on portions and start walking and/or riding my bike. I keep saying --- when the weather is nice ....
Yeah, procrastination is my middle name!

Well....now that I've bored you with this long post.....I will sign off shortly. I will try to post more often (or at least once or twice before we leave on our cruise tour) Take care and good night to all my family and friends. I am thinking of you and miss you all. The phone works both ways (especially in Kalkaska where my cell is still a local call for you) I am making a promise here and you can keep me honest and check on me. I promise to write somebody a letter (not email) at least once a month. I figured I would go with once a month and not once a week --- might be easier to keep that promise. Who will get a letter in February???? Watch your mailbox!

No comments: