Monday, October 22, 2007

Burn Baby, Burn

I got a little toasted Friday while I was on tail for the last pour of the day. There are three of the leather coats that have long enough sleeves to protect my wrists from the heat. The one I grabbed Friday had something spilled on the sleeve, or it had been burned somehow, or it just wore out. In any case, by the time we were half way through the pour, it was pretty obvious that there was something wrong. But there really isn't a way to stop the pour and by the time someone else had suited up to take my place, we would be done anyway. So I just had to suck it up and finish the job. When I took the jacket off, my right arm looked like it had a bad sunburn. It has mostly faded, but I have a couple spots that are still red and one looks like it's trying to blister.

Needless to say, there are now only two jackets that fit me.

No comments: