Sunday, April 22, 2007

Don't put things off

My Mom called my late last night after she got a call from a high school acquaintance of mine. A close high school friend (Irene) was taken home from the hospital with hospice. I had gotten an email from Irene's husband earlier in the week that she took a turn for the worse and was in the hospital. Cindy told my Mom that Irene (or the family) wanted to make sure I knew what was happening. I got Irene's home phone number. I knew she probably wouldn't be in any condition to talk to me, but I wanted to call so her husband or Mom could tell her (when she was coherent) that I called and was thinking of her. I didn't call that night since it was after 9pm (or so) Michigan time. I figured I would have time today to do it. Irene died this morning. I know she is now in heaven and isn't feeling bad at all. Her husband, kids and the rest of her family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could be there to give some hugs (especially to Mom Vitany and Mary), but unfortunately that isn't possible.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. We will keep the family in prayer. Don't let yourself be discouraged. she is in the hand of God, and I am sure He has told her about how you are feeling. Talk to you later.