Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I haven't posted in a while, but I have a reason. Or at least an excuse. A long time ago, I mentioned that our current room has a funky, triangular window that is essentially impossible to cover with any conventional window covering. Well, we tried something artsy.



I've also been working on another small project that I just finished up today. It may not look like much, but it took me almost as much time to get it done as building the desk.



I've also been doing some volunteer work down in agriculture after my regular shift digging around rediscovering where all the utilities are buried. That's actually a secondary task; I'm trying to fix the septic system so sewage doesn't back up out a clean-out right next to the door into the shower room (this was considered a vast improvement to the sewage backing up into the showers...). But I decided there needed to be some documentation of the other utilities after I smacked the propane line good and hard with a shovel. Of course, according to what "everyone knows," that line isn't there. Yet there it was, right under my shovel. At that point, I switched to a hand trowel and proceeded to find two water lines and two electrical lines, none of which is supposed to be there, either. I also picked up a new nick-name in all this: The Archaeologist.

And of course, there have been other diversions that could only happen at Arcosanti, like the Second Annual Peep Eating Contest. This is the winner after eating nearly 70 peeps in a half hour, and about 10 seconds before he hurled:



There is some very disgusting stuff hanging off the front of the mesa; when visitors ask, we tell them it's from migrating birds....

No comments: