Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Oh, my achey back and feet

I know it has been awhile since either of us has posted. Will kept you all up later, this will be a quick post.

Monday we started our new "workshop jobs" here at Arcosanti. Ric is in maintanence and got to start with painting the gallery. I got into landscaping. (Not my choice, I told coordinator to put me where they needed me, I didn't care) Monday, got to sweep/pick up leaves and dig rocks/stones/gravel/dirt to sift. First sore back and feet. Today got to rake/sweep/bag leaves and walk to compost bins, dig up mint and transplant and then start to clean out/organize landscaping shed. What a mess! And another sore back and feet. I lost track of counting the stairs I had to do while dealing with the mint transplanting. Hopefully all this manual labor helps to take off the weight. I have to watch how much I eat here -- buffet style for all meals -- easy to overeat.

Check out Arcosanti's website and look at Friday, Nov 10th for our group's mug shot.

2 comments:

RitaLou said...

Hi Ric and Deb,
Sorry I haven't responded to any of your postings but just got this last week from Marge. Was wondering how you were doing. Sounds like alot of hard work. I really hope it works out for you, at least you won't have a cold Michigan winter!!!!! Ok will keep checking in now that I know where to check:-)

Love Ya
Aunt Rita

Anonymous said...

Sure beats pickin' potatoes at Grandma Boris' though don't it???

Sounds like you're having fun.

Take care,

Bri