Friday, November 17, 2006

I got to play with cement today!

Today the landscaping department (all 3 of us!) got to help the construction crew do a cement pour today of two wall forms. I was down on the bottom (where the form is) and got to help get the cement into all the little places in the forms. Had one plastic glove to work with -- stick my hand in the cement to push down and around the rebar and wall plates and into the corners. Once when the guys were shoveling the cement in -- they got a little too enthusiastic about throwing it and covered my ungloved hand/arm with cement. Hmmmm....trying to make me part of the new Arcosanti visitor wall?! Learned today that vinegar water is helpful to get cement off you. After helping with both sections of the wall this morning -- I had cement spatters up/down my arms and on my face. I think I got most of it off me. My hands/nails are a disaster now. Mega lotion time.

Today the high is suppose to be 74 and tomorrow 78! Still cool in the mornings when we start work. They moved most departments starting time from 7a to 730a this week. Makes most sense in landscaping because the first thing the manager does is begin watering everything.

Tomorrow we are taking a short road trip -- maybe to the Grand Canyon -- for Ric's birthday. Sounds like it will be a great day to be outside.

No comments: