Thursday, February 09, 2006

I ended up taking Tuesday off work because I felt like I had been hit by a truck. But instead of staying home and taking it easy, I ended up spending the entire day plowing snow. While I was doing that, I noticed an odd sound coming from the front of the truck. Wednesday, it became a persistent hammering on the way to work. I managed to make it to the garage without the front wheels falling off. They just called me: Left front wheel bearing, left upper ball joint, left and right lower ball joints, and left and right tie rod ends. Total cost: $1,500.

We simply can't afford to live here anymore.

And just to keep things interesting, the generator shut off last night for no apparent reason. I'll try it again tonight, but I don't hold out much hope for it. We will be running on the spare generator only from the way it looks.

This sucks. I hate winter and I hate where I live.

No comments: