Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The good news is that I tracked down the source of the majority of our issues with the boiler. Way back when we first moved into the house, we didn't have the inverter and batteries set up, so we just ran the generator all the time. To keep the furnace from resetting every time I shut the generator down for refueling, I had purchased a UPS that had enough battery life to keep the heat on for a half hour or so. Once the inverter was on-line, I never bothered to take the UPS out of the loop. It appears that it was the cause of our problems. The bad news? Things still are not perfect, but at least we have heat. Most of the time, anyway.

Other than that, we have mostly been dealing with snow, snow, snow, and more snow. It is only December 7th, and I'm already sick of snow. I'm sick of shoveling snow, I'm sick of wading in snow, I'm sick of cleaning snow off my truck, I'm sick of plowing snow. I don't think I am suited to this climate.

Anyway.

I haven't really had much time to poke around my usual collection of web sites. The only thing that I have to share is yet another example of the law being an ass. Now I am no where near naive enough to think that there was some golden age where the courts didn't favor big business over the little guy. But this is just so far out of bounds that it is hard to believe this article wasn't picked up from The Onion's web site. Given that small business is the source of recent job growth, this sort of open hostility to them can't be a good thing.

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I just haven't had much to say. One thing that will certainly help is that we now have internet access from home. It's just a dial-up connection, but that seems to be my only option at this point.

Later.

No comments: