Thursday, November 10, 2005

Still not much going on at home other than cleaning up. Last night, the focus was on plowing through old receipts and getting bank accounts and credit card accounts caught up and reconciled. We spent over four hours at it, and got about two-thirds done. Not bad considering nothing has been touched since soccer started in August.

Good one from Jerry Pournelle's site:
President Bush May Send Up To 5 Marines For French Assistance

11/4/2005 - Shelby Trial

President Bush has authorized the Joint Chiefs to begin drawing up a battle plan to pull France's ass out of the fire again. Facing an apparent overwhelming force of up to 400 pissed off teenagers Mr. Bush doubts France's ability to hold off the little pissants. "Hell, if the last two world wars are any indication, I would expect France to surrender any day now", said Bush.

Joint Chiefs head, Gen. Peter Pace, warned the President that it might be necessary to send up to 5 marines to get things under control. The general admitted that 5 Marines may be overkill but he wanted to get this thing under control within 24 hours of arriving on scene. He stated he was having a hard time finding even one marine to help those ungrateful bastards out for a third time but thought that he could persuade a few women marines to do the job before they went on pregnancy leave.

President Bush asked Gen. Pace to get our marines out of there as soon as possible after order was restored. He also reminded Gen. Pace to make sure the marines did not take soap, razors, or deodorant with them. The least they stand out the better.

On a more serious note, even the military has noticed the obvious: Our inner-city schools do no good what so ever, and in fact inflict great harm on the students and our nation. The one problem I see is that the people leaving the urban schools are bringing the same attitudes and expectations to the rural schools that destroyed the urban schools in the first place. Two years ago, I did some research on Kalkaska schools, and, other than the absence of violent crime (give it a few years; that will be changing for the worse as well), they are as bad or worse than inner-city Detroit schools. But I'm sure the Army can recruit foreigners with promises of citizenship.

Sony continues to dig itself into a hole. I've more or less stopped buying music and movies anymore. The entire entertainment industry is simply offensive to me. I refuse to play. We gave up satellite years ago and we currently have zero reception, so no network stations. We watch a lot of movies, but most of those are either free from Nestina's work, 50-cent rentals from Family Video, or movies we already own. All my PC's are pre-DRM and I have no plans on replacing them anytime soon. Given what I use a PC for, all I need is something that can run a web browser, and if it wasn't for the whole blogging thing, I would probably cut that out of my life as well. I just find the whole thing tiresome, and I can't believe I am the only one.

And I will call that a day.

No comments: