Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Milestone (of sorts)

Our web-stat counter broke 1,000 sometime in the last 24 hours. That's the number of page hits we've had since August 5, 2005 when I signed up with web-stat.com. I would have never expected the number of visitors, and I certainly would have never guessed at the geographic distribution.

Setting aside my normal sarcasm, it is both gratifying and humbling to realize that there are those that take time to come here and read my ravings against the phone company, or detailing what was for dinner last night. As a certified geek (just ask Nestina) I probably shouldn't be in awe of technology, but the ability to touch family, friends, or just random people over the entire globe from a $500 appliance in my living room (OK, so in my case, it's my employers $500 appliance in my cube) ought to impress us just a bit.

Sincere thanks to all for stopping by.

No comments: