Wednesday, July 20, 2005

We had people over for dinner last night. Nestina had a friend over, and Debbie and I had asked over the other couple that works in Sr. High youth group to hash out a transition. I tried to cook steaks on the grill. Everyone said how great they were, but I thought they were tough. I don't have a lot of luck with steaks on our grill; the heat is too uneven for one thing. I should probably invest in lava rock and see if that spreads the heat more evenly. In any case, there was way more food than anyone could have eaten, so I guess it was OK. More importantly, I think the transition will be as smooth as transitions ever are. I've seen these done badly a number of times, and we are all trying as best as we can to not repeat history.

That obviously took up the entire evening, so there isn't much else to report.

I have been working with my links over on the right side of the page. If something disappears that you use or there is something you feel should be there that isn't, let me know.

Some items from skimming through my usual sources:

I know I sound like a broken record, but everyone needs to realize that school isn't about learning. Schools are a tool for union featherbedding and brainwashing children with whatever political views are held by the "leaders." If some knowledge happens to fall into a kid's head along the way, that's OK as long as it doesn't interfere with the indoctrination process. Now we have the Florida legislature equating a person's patriotism with the size of their flag. I wish I were making it up.

And another black smacks down black "culture." I'm sure if the schools recognize Ebonics as a legitimate language, it will fix everything in the black "community." It couldn't possibly be that the people living in black neighborhoods are just disfunctional.

On a lighter note, I have never seen clouds like this. They are called Mammatus clouds for the obvious reason. Here is an explanation of how they form.

And that is all I have for now.

No comments: