Thursday, July 21, 2005

Last night was youth group. I didn't teach this week, and started to wrap things up as far as Debbie and I being involved with the group. I expect to be out of things completely by the start of the school year. Maybe sooner.

I'm continuing to add and delete links. There are a couple blogs that may disappear if I don't see some activity. I know I sometimes go a week without a new post, but a couple haven't been touched since May. I'd rather keep a short list of active blogs than a long list of abandoned ones.

Anyway, from the daily skim of my contacts:

More indications that "law enforcement" officers are doing a great job of convincing the nation that the whole lot of them are morons. First, a meter maid is handcuffed for ticketing an illegally parked car. The police union rep has no immediate comment. Of course not. There is simply no excuse for this sort of stupidity. Next up, the Denver police are killing domestic dogs at a rate of about 3 a day. The dog's crime? Looking like a pit-bull. I understand the need to destroy vicious or dangerous dogs regardless of breed, but there is no such thing as a vicious breed for one, and second, there is no recognized breed called "pit-bull." So the Denver police are combing the city looking for and killing any dog with pit-bull-like markings. Undefined, of course; that way it is impossible for the police to make a mistake. If there is no objective standard, no one can be held accountable. Welcome to post-modernism. The last time I checked the FBI crime statistics back in 1999 or 2000, about half of all murders in the United States were unsolved. I would think the police would have better things to do than bust meter maids for doing their job and killing pets based on their appearance.

And on a more serious note, James Doohan died yesterday morning. Based on the above stories, all I can say is "Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intelligent life here."

Speaking of no intelligent life, Nestina is all done working for Avalanche Bay. It's a rather long story that I may go into later after I have an opportunity to talk to Nestina tonight. But this much I do know: right now I have a lot of doubts about my faith. One of the primary reasons is the attitudes and actions of individuals that claim to be Christians, including some in Calvary Baptist Church of Kalkaska. As of this moment, I am prepared to severe all ties immediately. That may change after I calm down, but probably not.

1 comment:

Uncle Jonny's said...

I don't know the situation. I will keep in it prayer. However, don't let the action of a few discourage your walk with God. If it was I who offended you, I appologies and would like to talk about it.