Friday, June 17, 2005

Every once in a while, I do a vanity search in Google just to see what comes up. I did one today motivated mostly by TTLB not finding any links to my blog. I know there are at least two (thanks Jon and Lindsey).

I found this, which is interesting. My site is worth $1,000? They also have no incoming links listed.

I also noticed that when I looked for links to our old website, there are still about 50 websites linked to now-non-existent web pages. There is a phenomenon called "link rot" that afflicts all web sites. I have never found a good way of dealing with it other than manually hitting every link. That's easy enough to do on my main page, but I'm not about to start digging through the archive. News sites are horrible about changing the URL of a news story when it is moved from the current news portion of their web site to the archive. There is no need for that other than overly anal programmers.

Anyway, I got a meeting at a fancy restaurant here in Traverse City with the rest of the accounting department.

No comments: