Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Well, I finally landed in a seat and have a few minutes that are unscheduled.

To catch everyone up on our ever-so-eventful life, Saturday we were supposed to be scraping and prep-ing Debbie's mom's house for a coat of paint. We got some of the work done in between rain drops, but not much. Sunday was a travel day, then evening service. We had a baptism for three people, including one of the teens, then we had camper pies and s'mores with some the teens.

Yesterday, Nestina and I took a day off to do a bunch of college and other official business. Part of that involved dealing with the local VA office. I realize these people don't get paid for performance, but it would be nice if they at least had a room temperature IQ. This woman was completely useless. She didn't know the answer to one single question we asked, then had the nerve to lecture Nestina because she needed to "take responsibility for herself" and stop depending on me. I've been dealing with forms and government run-around my entire life, and I have no clue what the heck that broad was talking about. How on earth is a high school kid supposed to make any sense of this? The best part of the conversation came when, after the lecture about how Nestina is supposed to memorize the entire veterans federal code, VA Lady has the nerve to ask us to call her when we figure everything out so "maybe she can help the next person." Yea. Right.

Anyway, that's all I have to piss and moan about today.

2 comments:

Dogfootjoe said...

im glad your used the word: "conversation"

Admin said...

I probably stretched the meaning of the word to the breaking point, but I was trying not to be too harsh. Mostly, I kept repeating the same question over and over; VA Lady rambled on spewing out words that had nothing to do with my question; and Nestina just sat there stunned.

All I got from the "meeting" was that she didn't know anything and we needed to talk to someone else. No problem there; I don't intend to ever go back. Of course, VA Lady still draws her paycheck and benefits from my tax dollars, but at least I don't have to attempt to glean information from her blatherings.