Monday, May 23, 2005

The countdown begins!

Well....our "unofficially adopted" kid graduates this Saturday. WOW, hard to believe she is "all grown up!" She has finals Mon/Tues this week, then done with going to classes. Awards night Tuesday nite, soccer games Wed and Thurs, senior breakfast and graduation practice Friday. Graduation Sat morning ... senior all night party at the Kaliseum that nite til 9a? Sunday. Church Sunday, then her open house 2p til whenver it gets done.

Hard and busy week in many ways. First of all -- getting ready for the open house (Sunday) -- our place is a total mess. None of us (myself included) have been doing any housework (except laundry) around the house for a few weeks. (anybody want to come help clean/organize?!) Second -- I'm dog/cat/house sitting for a friend from work this week. So, running back and forth as needed. Luckily I'm trying to do partial work days Tues/Thurs/Fri. Third -- Nestina has her eye on a Jeep Wrangler....Ric and she were suppose to take care of that buy today, but the owner was out of town. Maybe tomorrow? Hope all goes okay with that. Fourth -- same problems/different days -- won't bother to go into those...just alot we have to get on the same page about.

My work is the same. Still no new agent yet, so still working short handed. I really do hope they get somebody hired before next busy season. My heart just isn't in it right now -- I"m wondering like Ric about another job -- probably not for me unless things get worse at the travel agency. Any suggestions on my new career path?!

Saturday Ric and I headed down state for a wedding open house for my Aunt Rose that was held at my Mom's place. Things went well.....great weather for once. We had fun visiting with some of the relatives that made it there.

Friday, May 20th was the 13th anniversary of my Dad's death ... Wednesday, May 25th of my Uncle Leo (and Godparent) My Mom had a flower arrangment in his honor -- 13 yellow roses (her favorite) and 1 can of Coke Classic (his favorite) -- it brought tears to some eyes. Heard some stories again about how the newbies in the families missed meeting two "special" guys!

Please also be praying for Nestina -- her Mom is moving from the area to North Carolina after Nestina graduates. I'm sure she has some feelings about it, but she isn't ready to talk about them yet. Last week when she tried on her graduation robe, it finally began to sink in that she really is graduating! It hit Ric too....he started to get us all teary eyed.

Did you hear -- we (Ric and I) are going to be great Aunt and Uncle again this Aug/Sep?! Did you also hear Ric's youngest niece (Courtney) is graduating. She finished 11th/12th grade work this year. Her open house is this Saturday.....so party all weekend for the Frost family. Sat Courtney's open house, Sun Nestina's open house, Mon birthday get together for Don and Shirley. YIKES!!!!

Well...sorry to be long winded like Ric's entries....just had alot to say and finally got online myself to do it. Take care and send all the comments you want. If you want Nestina's email or our address to send her a graduation card, just ask. Later dude and dudettes!

No comments: