Monday, April 25, 2005

Another weekend down the tubes. For those of you reading this from places other than Michigan, let me just say that if you want to live in a place where the weather follows some sort of rational pattern, do not move here. Tuesday, April 19, the temperature was 85 degrees F. By Wednesday afternoon, it was 45, and Saturday we woke up to snow on the ground that did not melt until today, when the temps almost made it to 60.

Saturday, I tried to work on the networking and all that, but I kept running into things I needed. I finally gave up and we cleaned up and drove into Traverse City for a run to Home Depot and something to eat. Sunday was another typical Sunday. I had a chance to talk to a teen who was staying with her grandparents. It was a good reminder of why I do youth ministry. We didn't really have much time to get into anything heavy, but it was a chance to reach out to someone that was looking for another person to notice they existed. Kinda cool.

Today was just work and getting ready for the deacon's meeting tomorrow night. It must be time for me to stop this whole deacon thing; I found myself counting how many meetings I had left before my term is up.

Tomorrow looks to be busy. Debbie found out that the owner of a company she worked for in Flint died over the weekend. She is driving down tomorrow for the funeral. Nestina has a soccer game and I have a deacon's meeting. We think we have everything choreographed, but something always happens to throw a monkey in the wrench.

And that is about it. I didn't see anything out on the net that was particularly interesting today, which is somewhat odd. Probably just me.

No comments: