Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's Thursday and I'm at work. That's a first in what seems like forever.

Not much to report over the last couple of days. I had a deacon meeting Tuesday night, and youth group last night. I'm looking forward to actually going home today after work and have nothing to do and nowhere to be. Well, that's not entirely true; I do have 11 credit hours of college material staring at me. I will probably start cranking through a bunch of that stuff tonight and try to get everything organized. I would like to get all the prep work done for the first paper and first exam. The tests are going to be a problem; I need an "acceptable proctor" to administer the test so I won't cheat. I'm 40 years old and I'm taking a Bible class (which cost me $500) so I can go into vocational ministry, but I have to have somebody watch me take a multiple-guess test to make sure I don't cheat.

Anyway, not much other to report. Other than the fact that the weather stinks. It's all my fault; ever since I hooked up the solar panels, we've seen the sun on maybe three or four days. This Saturday, we are going to try to cut and chip trees at the church again, so of course there are supposed to be high winds and lightning. We have to at least clear the trees away from the sides of the driveways and the parking areas so I can plow the drive this winter and have a place to stack the snow. We had to bring in a front loader last year; the parking area was getting mighty small even though we started out plowing nearly twice the area of the actual parking lot. If we ever start getting real snow again, we would be forced to pay to have snow hauled away two or three times during the winter.

Anyway, I need to do some work.

No comments: