Thursday, September 16, 2004

Great News!!! I am posting this update from my desk in the basement of my house! Not only do I have internet, I have fast internet. The first thing I did was go to the Windows update site and download all the patches that I have been missing from not having internet access for so long. The critical update download was 8 meg. With dial-up, that would have been an overnight download. With my new, way cool wireless high speed access, it took about five minutes.

Because I now have an always-on connection, I took some additional precautions. First, I am sitting behind a router, although I don't like how they have it configured. I will see if I can do something about that. I also have the latest versions and definition files for Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG, and Zone Alarm. So far, pop-ups haven't been a problem even when I am using Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla. If I start noticing them, I will grab one of the many free pop-up blockers.

Blogger has somehow managed to completely mangle my page. I will see if posting this and republishing the entire blog will fix it. Thanks, blogger.

No comments: