Monday, July 12, 2004

Recovering from another "relaxing" weekend. At this rate, I should just work seven days a week. Saturday was a family reunion, so I was out in the sun getting exercise all day. I don't care what doctors say; something that hurts that bad cannot possibly be good for you. We had a little down time Sunday; choir is over for the summer now that we're all done waving flags and campaigning for Republican candidates.

After evening service, we watched Matrix Revolutions. Personally, I think they should have stopped after the first Matrix. Matrix Reloaded was just so-so, with the special effects and over-the-top fight scenes making it worthwhile. Revolutions was a load of incomprehensible techno-babble, mushy death scenes, long boring sequences with facial close-ups that are pointless because everyone is wearing sunglasses... I could go on, but what's the point? Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. Understand that I'm not one of these people that gets all bent out of shape over a movie that requires the suspension of disbelief. I expect movies to be unrealistic. If I wanted realism, I'd watch the news. But Revolutions didn't draw me in the way the original Matrix did.

I've been steadily adding blogs over on the right-hand side of the page. It's hard to imagine how many of these things there are. It seems everyone wants to spread their boring life in front of the world. That includes me, of course. I may take a crack at writing essays rather than just confirming what everyone suspects: I lead an incredibly dull life.

Computing:

Wired has an article discussing the top Mozilla browser plug-ins. This is what I use instead of Internet Explorer for most sites. There are a few (like Windows Update and Hotmail) that will only work with IE, so I do have IE installed as a non-default browser. Personally, if I could do something different for those sites (there is a plug-in that "lies" to a web site about what browser is running, but there are some sites that actually have code that only works with IE) I wouldn't have IE installed.

Well, back to work.

No comments: