Tuesday, May 25, 2004

It finally stopped raining. For now, in any case. The weather liars are predicting more. Ya. Hoo. The temps are still running on the cool side; it hasn't topped 70 degrees F in a while and doesn't look to anytime soon. The long-term forecasts were for a hot and dry summer. Given that no one can predict the weather three days out, I'm not sure what good these long-term forecasts are.

In any case, last night was a bit of a lazy day even though I had a lot of work to do. I still have a ton of homework and a deacons meeting tonight. That means homework will have to be done at 2am.

A good bit of news just came in. I was worried that my last class wouldn't turn out too well grade-wise, but I just found out that we got 100% on our presentation and 99% on the group paper (the 1% deduction was because our margins were off a bit). I still don't know how I did on the two individual papers. I felt they were not my best effort, but at least the group project stuff will boost me up some. No matter what, I have a passing grade.

I haven't had time to read the news today, but I assume it's still all bad. Interesting rant from Jerry Pournelle on Monday. As he has said repeatedly, it was all predictable and in fact was predicted. And it takes a special kind of stupid to fire off automatic weapons at a wedding when you know the place is being patrolled by a jumpy occupation force that has been under continuous attack for months.

Well, that's all I have time for. Have fun.

No comments: