Friday, May 14, 2004

Another class in the can. Or the crapper. I don't have a lot of confidence that any of the three papers I had to write for this class are anything close to what the instructor wants. But for better or worse, this class is done. Followed, of course, by another class. This one promises to be a real snoozer for me. Human Resource Management, at least what I've seen of it anyplace I've worked, is a lot of fuzzy-headed nonsense with no logic behind it. But I will get through it the same way I've gotten through the last dozen+ classes: sleep deprivation. We get a couple weeks off after this class, which will be a nice break when I can really use it. I have a lot of work to get done this summer and school work is a serious hindrance to getting it done.

In any case, it's all over in October. Some things I will definitely miss, but it will be nice to get my life back.

Weather is rain. And rain. And more rain. And when it stops raining, it's just so that it can rain some more. I know we are low on water, but things are getting soggy. This is too much too fast. Parts of our place are under water that have never been under water before. At least the weather liars are saying that it will clear up tomorrow so I can get some outside work done.

Other than that, not much to report. This is a quiet time of year. The snow is gone, but it isn't warm enough (or dry enough) to do anything. Other than pick morels. Every wooded hill seems to be growing a bumper crop of oversized, jean-clad butts. Most of whom have no business being where they are, but if you ask them, they will claim that they received permission to hunt morels on the private property of others in a personal revelation from God himself. If you think I'm joking, be assured that I am not. Next to deer hunting, morel hunting is the most frequent excuse for trespassing.

Politics:

This is the latest column from Fred Reed. A lot of people are convinced that Fred is off his head because he is bashing Israel, etc. etc. I don't read this column that way. Maybe you have to read a lot of his columns before you understand his rhetorical style. Or maybe I'm just being obtuse.

And for something that cat lovers will hate: Check this cat carrier out. Just don't be drinking anything when you do.

At that's about all I have time for.

No comments: